Friday, March 22, 2013

Cats in a Van

Having cats in an RV year around seems nuts. It is. But the more I revisit the insanity of my decision to live in an RV with cats, the more I realize just how well my toilet training worked. Having cats that use the human toilet instead of a litter box, and use it reliably 99.5% of the time, has been the only possible way to have these critters. No stench, no litter, no problem. The cats seem to like it because their toilet is always clean. Since they don't come in contact with their bio-matter anymore, their paws and coats have also cleaned up. Vomiting is down to maybe once every month and a half. It has been a colossal experiment, but one that I can safely say is a total success. It has been so nice to just flush the toilet and not have to deal with stinky shit in the open air. Once it's in water, it's a far less stinky ordeal. I was concerned that the whole house would stink of their stuff when I first started this, due to the small volume of the interior, but it just hasn't been the case. It's like having a couple of toilet trained house elves, rather than litter-box using cats. Pretty crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment