Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pounding snaps in canvas

I spent most of last weekend pounding 5/8" stainless-steel snap heads into the 16 oz. canvas tarp that I'm using to create the skirt on the RV. It's a faster process than I anticipated, but shaping the canvas around the sewer compartment door and the door into the vehicle are going to be difficult. For this, I have rivets intended for denim, since I don't have the sewing machinery to actually create hems.

One problem I have also run into is that the tarp company sent me a 9 foot tarp that is only 8 foot 3 inches. I was planning for something closer to 9, so they're now sending me a 10-footer. Waiting on that to arrive has slowed down the process, because it is the tarp material for both front and rear.

Spending my time pounding snaps and working on midterms has been such great fun (sarcasm). But really, it's all coming along, and I hope to have it all ready in the coming weeks, just in time for Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment