Monday, May 6, 2013

The day I drove my house to school

Not too many people can say, "I drove my house to school." I can. Because I just did it. To get the 'bago away from the rough around the storage unit, I drove it to the big, empty, free parking lot used for sporting events. I did it because I needed a place to park.

While this won't be my location for long, it will make for a good day parking spot. Luckily my fridge runs on electricity OR propane, so my fridge works away while I'm not plugged in. It seems like a decent system for now.

This whole scene is made all the nuttier by the fact that my cats like to sit in the windshield. Let's pile this up into one sentence: I drove my house to school today because I'm no longer paying rent, so I parked in the athletic events lot with my toilet-trained cats sitting on the dash.

Even though I'm questioning my own sanity, there is value in what I'm doing. I'm trying to find a way of living that doesn't require chains. Sure, I'm chained to vehicle registrations, auto parts, and gas, but I am doing some 'life science' to see what is more costly and more beneficial. So far, I'm finding the logistics intensive, but I'm also trying something that very few have. I'm also trying to do it all well, so I don't just look like a run of the mill nutcase. There is merit in trying to pave a new path if it opens new doors.

The insanity continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment