Friday, May 3, 2013

Leaving Spacedock

After almost nine months parked in the great, white, frozen north, I am pulling my utilities to roam. While I won't be touring national parks or living the grand life on the road, I won't be paying rent.

The plan is more of an experiment to see what it will entail to spend the summer free of a landlord. The benefit will likely be modest amounts of money saved and different views every 14-21 days or so, but it will certainly come with some pitfalls. First, I won't have a a constant source of electricity. That's a big problem. Second, I water will come from a tank, not a spigot. Last, I'll be paying for gas from location to location.

What's worse, living slightly closer to native or chained to a landlord? I don't know? I can guess, but the goal here is to find out. We'll see how long it lasts.

I'm hoping that my biggest problems this summer will be, "Where'd I park my house, again?" I'll be updating my findings as regularly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment